Jacob had a great first birthday party followed by his actual birthday. We had plenty of his friends around and their parents, Karen came down especially from Queensland, a couple of Dave's work colleagues, a homemade birthday cake (well nearly, bought the sponge but Dave and I made the hedgehog!) and even party bags. It was hard work but certainly worth it. Just a shame that all his family were so far away, I'd been feeling very homesick leading up to Jacob's birthday and feel that not having family around us made it worse for me.
Jacob got loads of presents, 25 cards and even some money. We had special openings on the day of the party and then he had more cards and presents to open the following Wednesday.
I can't believe he has turned 1, it doesn't seem that long ago his was a tiny baby and couldn't do much for himself. Now he's walking, talking (well sort of) and becoming more and more independent.
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment