At the weekend, we went to Port Macquarie with our good friends Tracey, Ant and Ciara. Jacob and I went on Thursday afternoon with them so I could babysit Ciara on Friday afternoon.
We had a great time, the children were really good and I went for a little walk with Ciara in her stroller and Jacob in a baby carrier. He had a great time, helped me to push Ciara and kept looking at her through the little window at the top. We even managed to have a little swing before returning to the apartment. Feeding them both at the same time was fun! Ciara likes her food quickly and is ready for each spoon full. Jacob likes to take his time and hardly opens his mouth for the next spoon. But it all went well in the end and both children were fed when Teaps and Ant returned back.
Dave joined us on the Friday evening and we had a lovely meal at the cafe joined to the apartment block.
Saturday was a great day, I couldn't ask for any more fun. First of all it was up for a walk and breakfast. We met the Martins in the town area and tucked into bacon and eggs. A little walk around the market and play on the swings and it was time to return for a swim in the ocean BUT first a little trip on the seaplane was required.
I've always wanted to go on a seaplane and it was great fun. I don't think a long trip would be so enjoyable as it was really noisy but I loved it.
After the trip we then headed back for our dip in the ocean, which was a little cold but quite enjoyable. In the afternoon we walked up to the only koala hospital in the world and walked round looking at the rescued koalas. Very cute as always and there was a kookaburra too. Walking back Dave saw a hole in the ground with a web in it - a funnel web spider was probably lurking inside ready to bite one of us!!!
Again, a good meal out in the evening followed by a walk in the morning that found us caught in some heavy rain and we all got rather wet. Great weekend and looking forward to the next time we go away.
We had a great time, the children were really good and I went for a little walk with Ciara in her stroller and Jacob in a baby carrier. He had a great time, helped me to push Ciara and kept looking at her through the little window at the top. We even managed to have a little swing before returning to the apartment. Feeding them both at the same time was fun! Ciara likes her food quickly and is ready for each spoon full. Jacob likes to take his time and hardly opens his mouth for the next spoon. But it all went well in the end and both children were fed when Teaps and Ant returned back.
Dave joined us on the Friday evening and we had a lovely meal at the cafe joined to the apartment block.
Saturday was a great day, I couldn't ask for any more fun. First of all it was up for a walk and breakfast. We met the Martins in the town area and tucked into bacon and eggs. A little walk around the market and play on the swings and it was time to return for a swim in the ocean BUT first a little trip on the seaplane was required.
I've always wanted to go on a seaplane and it was great fun. I don't think a long trip would be so enjoyable as it was really noisy but I loved it.
After the trip we then headed back for our dip in the ocean, which was a little cold but quite enjoyable. In the afternoon we walked up to the only koala hospital in the world and walked round looking at the rescued koalas. Very cute as always and there was a kookaburra too. Walking back Dave saw a hole in the ground with a web in it - a funnel web spider was probably lurking inside ready to bite one of us!!!
Again, a good meal out in the evening followed by a walk in the morning that found us caught in some heavy rain and we all got rather wet. Great weekend and looking forward to the next time we go away.


No comments:
Post a Comment