Sunday, 18 November 2007

Long time since the last update

It's been a busy few weeks for the Australian Allens. We've been to Bitter and Twisted - Morpeth Beer Festival, seen a convoy of trucks for Transport Day (I was very excited, Jacob slightly interested, Dave very bored!), Dave visited South Australia, an adult night out and the usual bits in between.

First thing in the morning on Transport Day we got to see a convoy of trucks come up our street. There was a long line of different types and they were up beeping and being noisy. I made our friends walk up to ours so we could have a walk to the Foreshore and see the exciting trucks for ourselves, they were so thrilled but couldn't wait to come back to ours for a cuppa!

Mid last week, Dave went and left Jacob and I for a trip to South Australia. It was work related and Jacob and I had a great time as we had the car! The weather was also terrible, so it was pretty convenient having the car so we weren't housebound. It was a good job Jacob and I did go out to the local shopping centre and spent some money as Dave never bought us a present from his trip - terrible.

Dave and I had our first night out in Newcastle without Jacob last Saturday evening. The main problem we did have was finding a babysitter. The two couples we would have asked were going out with us, so we ended up meeting Ciara's grandparents and Jacob stayed with them. We had a great night out, a good Thai meal, drinks at the local pub and Ant's dad provided a taxi service. Jacob was awake when we went back but looked very happy with Lyn and watching the tv. We stayed over at Ant, Teaps and Ciara's and had a great walk the next day on the beach - a good way to get rid of a hangover!

Teaps and I are doing an interesting little run at the shoreline because there were blue bottle jellyfish all over the beach and they can leave a nasty sting!

This weekend has been a little quieter. I went and had several hours of relaxation with a nice massage, facial, pedicure and manicure - total bliss. Dave had several friends over, the "Dads' Group" where the talk about secret men's business and had a few beers and a barbie.

In the evening we babysat Ciara whilst Ant and Teaps went to their Christmas works do. Ciara and Jacob were great, slept really well and I too slept well on the settee! I didn't even hear them come in at 11.30am, I must have been very tired and I hadn't even had an alcoholic drink.

This morning, with Ciara, Ant & Teaps, we went for a lovely walk to the end of Nobbys breakwater and then afterwards we all grabbed our swim wear and took it in turns to to have a swim in the ocean. It was great. About 20 degrees in the water, not too rough with the waves and no stingers! A nice way to spend a Sunday morning. Dave, Jacob and I have then had a relaxing afternoon after a busy few weekends and are already starting to plan next weekend.

In between the weekends, Jacob and I are always very busy. We have continued to keep up our exercise classes, even though the original Fit Mums Fun Bubs sessions have finished. We regularly go for coffee and chats with various friends, meet with Valerie & Elise, Teaps & Ciara, Cate & Eden for lunch and walks, we go to a couple of Mothers' Groups and often meet in the local park. Always very busy.

No comments: