Daniel Scott Allen arrived on Wednesday 19th August at 10.08 am weighing 3560 grams / 7lb 13 oz.

Daniel came "out the sunroof" a week early, due to him being breech and I had gestational diabetes. I have to say a planned caesarian is quite good when you have a toddler to organise being looked after and your husband working an hour and a half away. I had to go in the night before, so they could sort out my insulin in the morning. Jacob went to my parents for a few nights. Dave booked the Wednesday off and was there for when Daniel arrived and it was all pretty easy and surreal, it felt like it was happening to someone else.
Jacob met his little brother that afternoon and was most impressed with the car transporter Daniel had got him ;o).

Daniel was unnamed for over a week. Dave found it very hard to decide on a name and it wasn't until nine days later we settled on Daniel Scott.
Recovery after the birth was a lot better than I expected, don't get me wrong, I was in pain, discomfort and needing pain relief, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I could move a lot faster than I thought I was going to, feeding Daniel wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, over the weeks everything got easier. So, if your caesarian is planned, it's not too bad.
1 comment:
Hello Daniel,
So nice to see a couple of shots of you! Your Mum has been leaving comments on our blog which has been very nice indeed. Can you tell her that we miss her very much and think about her all the time? Am often thinking "Wouldn't it be nice to meet up with Maz' today."
There is a new wombat book out that I want to send you. I know you will love Wombats just as much as your Mum does. Please give our love to all your family.
Love Team aBeckett
Post a Comment